Our strategic approach to fundraising puts us at the cutting edge of philanthropic thinking. We work in close partnership with our clients to make development an integral part of their organisational strategy.
There is no one-size-fits-all. Achieving and sustaining success in raising philanthropic support is only ever the result of taking the time and dedicating the resources to learn about the interests and motivations of your donors.
We aim to overcome what we see as the main reasons why people don’t give: they are not asked, they are not asked well, or they were poorly treated the last time they gave. We work to overcome these obstacles so our clients will be able to meet their fundraising goals.
Sustainable growth in philanthropic support relies critically on what we call “organisational oxygen”. More than ever before, success in fundraising depends on the quality of pre-planning, the level of investment in people and data and – most important of all – the manifest support of the leadership.
Our strategic view of how programs fit into the wider organisational framework is what distinguishes us.
It is an increasingly busy marketplace with increasingly sophisticated competition, it is more important than ever to craft a unique proposition, to know whom to cultivate. We firmly subscribe to the view that planning is action.
Strategy and strategic outcomes are at the very core of the Philanthropy Squared business. It is the common thread that underpins all of our services.
- Strategy and program design
- Assessment of organisational structure and culture
- Program audit
- Development data review
- Coaching and mentoring
- Case for support review and/or development
- Board and leadership training and skills development
- Internal readiness review – including stakeholder interviews and surveys
- Feasibility study & campaign planning
- Project management support
- Campaign case for support messaging
- Benchmarking analysis
- Staff volunteer training and development
- Data review – analysis and trends
- Communications audit
- Resourcing review
- Assessment of organisational culture and structure
- Assessment of team structure and resource allocation
- Identification of key messages
- Communications review and counsel
- Case for support review or development
- Individual, faculty, department and/or team mentoring
- Board mentoring & training
- Leadership development & training
- Job design
- Recruitment advice
- Position description development
- Participation on interview panels
- Copy and creative materials review and assessment
- Identification of key philanthropic messages
- Communications campaign program review and counsel
- Communication planning